Creativity

As a writer, every piece committed to a document is a work of creation, building a new entity from the re-organization of existing letters, word forms, and ideas.

I learn new things about myself, others, and civilization as I write. I do a tremendous amount of research on the topics I chose for description. And amid that study, I see a great deal of the world’s happenings, both good and evil.

In the aftermath of the weekend’s events and the potential for worldwide conflict, we can, while not ignoring reality, instead choose to center and thus empower ourselves with the calming effect of art.

Red is the color of rage, of war; other shades of the spectrum personify varying feelings. Responses may differ for the individual.

Robert Plutchik elucidated the color wheel of emotion in 1958.

Regardless of their creative medium, each artist must search out a kernel of individuality, a grain that makes them unique.

How do you react to stress? Do you turn to a creative focus to express your feelings?

You can follow the Author on her Website and X (formerly Twitter).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

National Puzzle Day

The Grandest Fir