This Moment

This moment like every moment, is precious. Take a minute to stop and revel in the wonder.

Are you at work, struggling to succeed? What do you really want; is it worth being away from your family and friends for innumerable hours? Is your goal possessions or happiness? Psychologists have examined the various facets that determine happiness. This Brittanica link describes their findings.

True happiness comes from within.

I have been writing and submitting to poetry/haiku journals like mad for the last few weeks. Already acceptance notes are pinging into my email inbox (as are rejections), but as some wise person recently said, “if you don’t get at least 100 rejections a year, you are not writing and submitting enough work.” Good news, more poems are on the way!

I spent a few hours in the garden today; my vegetable garden is planted, and I can change my focus to perennial flowers. Time to head to my favorite garden center. Our small patch of land brings me great joy.

What delights you? Is it your profession, acquaintances, hobbies, or quiet time alone?

You can follow the Author on her Website or on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

The Grandest Fir

National Puzzle Day