International Haiku Poetry Day


Today haikuists around the world recognize and celebrate their fellow poet’s accomplishments.

Writing haiku requires quiet observation, thoughtful consideration, and distillation of a moment into a crystalline nugget.

This past weekend I drove to a neighbor’s memorial service. The road that morning was like the occasion, dark and foggy. The experience prompted a haiku inspired by Carl Sandburg’s famous San Francisco fog poem.

As I drove, the cat analogy crept around my brain and emerged as the following haiku:

Happy Haiku Day to my fellow poets. I hope the non-poets will enjoy this bit of micro poetry, too.

You can follow the Author on her Website and on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

National Puzzle Day

The Grandest Fir