I appreciate your patience during my brief hiatus.
Last week, I underwent a left Total Hip Replacement, and I’m getting back on my feet again.
It’s a blessing to be relieved of the awful left hip pain I suffered before surgery due to severe arthritis, with no remaining cartilage and bone grinding on bone. Postoperative pain is minimal compared to that excruciating ordeal.
Now I’m getting around the house with a walker as a mobility aid.
In addition, I am working like mad on self-directed physical therapy exercises to strengthen my new and improved hip joint.
And even more importantly, I’ve aggressively weaned myself from opioid pain relievers. My last dose was at bedtime on postoperative day five.
Recovery is all uphill from here. After two weeks, I should transition to a cane, and two weeks later, my own two feet. Spring gardening is a great motivator.
I’m becoming a real live bionic woman with all of this year’s artificial enhancements: first both eyes, now my hip!
What challenges do you face? What do you do to encounter them head-on?
On the eve of the Democratic National Convention (DNC) proceedings, protestors marched in Chicago and crashed the DNC Welcome Party at the Navy Pier. The games have begun… The 2024 Republican National Convention was held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, from July 15 to the 18th. Donald Trump was confirmed as the Republican Presidential nominee, and JD Vance was named the Vice Presidential pick. Thousands of protestors marched nearby, but their actions were largely infrequent and peaceful, with minimal impact on the event. Today, the 2024 Democratic National Convention (DNC) begins in Chicago, Illinois, and will run from August 19 to 22nd. The Democratic Presidential contender expected to be confirmed this week is Kamala Harris; her running mate-to-be Tim Walz. Unfortunately, the protestor element is much larger than the prior convention. The Chicago Police Department (CPD) predicts over 100,000 will take to the streets, dwarfing their resources. Over 5...
I’m eating lunch while searching for an idea for today’s topic: a sandwich and a banana that is past its prime. As I scroll, a yummy photo catches my eye, and so it is, National Banana Split Day. This delicious dessert was invented in 1904 by a pharmacist’s apprentice, David Evans Strickler, at Tassel Pharmacy in LaTrobe, Pennsylvania. In the soda fountain era, many counters shared locations with pharmacies. Banana splits were an immediate hit with the college crowd who eagerly paid 10 cents, double the rate of a regular sundae, for this tasty treat. The split became all the rage in ice cream parlors. The ideal banana split recipe includes a banana split in half, topped by 3 scoops of ice cream (vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry), fudge sauce, whipped cream, and chopped nuts; crowned with maraschino cherries. You don’t have to stick with the mundane, tried-and-true presentation: be creative. Change up the bananas by carmelizing them like Bananas Foster; dip them in chocolat...
[ No trigger warning required: this is a non-partisan post .] Election Day 2024 is Tuesday, November 5th. This date is a crucial Federal Election; State and Local elections are also on the ballot. This is the 60th quadrennial presidential election in the USA . Record numbers of voters are flocking to the polls. We voted early to avoid the rush, but even at our rural polling place, we waited an hour. Many locations nationwide have already seen record-breaking queues. The first step is to ensure you are registered to vote . No further steps are needed if you have not changed your name, address, or previously voted. However, if you have changed your name or moved within your state, you must update your registration. If you have moved to another state, you need to re-register. Even if you have not made any of these changes, it is worth checking that you are still on the roll, as states are cleaning up their databases: ascertain that you have not been inadvertently removed...
Comments
Post a Comment