Memories

Do you have a favorite memory? Memory fades over time. Is what we remember real or reconstructed? 



Per psychology, false memory is a phenomenon where someone recalls an event differently from the way it actually happened or remembers something that did not happen at all.

Several mechanisms that underly false memory are suggestibility, incorporation of misinformation, activation of associated information, and/or source misattribution.

I have a sister and two brothers. A specific traumatic event occurred in our family. I was the individual in direct contact with the situation. Two of my siblings have separate and distinct memories of that evening. One has no recall at all. Do you have examples of false memories among your friends and family?

My second book, Family Treasons, is based on memories of the various abuses I experienced throughout my life. I am a survivor and thriver!

You can follow the Author on her Website or on Twitter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

The Grandest Fir

National Puzzle Day