Spring Inspiration


Just as the leaves emerge from dormant branches, so too, does my writing resume. After a brief hiatus of reading and online doom-scrolling, my book characters are adamantly complaining about being ignored.


My brain is filled with intrigue and adventures. Heroines, heroes, and villains talk incessantly: you have to change my name, this plot line is boring, oops-the timeline’s wrong, and oh no-I guess you’ve got to kill me.


The first draft is back from the beta readers and has laid fallow over winter. It’s time to break out the red ink, the copy/paste/delete/move functions, and complete the second draft.


And as a gardener, I see an analogy to transplanting healthy seedlings into fertile soil, looking forward to strong growth.

Wish me luck as I dig deep to improve my post-apocalyptic novel.

You can follow the Author at her Website or on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

The Grandest Fir

National Puzzle Day