National Napping Day


Do you feel drowsy today? You’re sleep-deprived and tired because you “lost” an hour of sleep early Sunday, as we “sprung ahead” into Daylight Saving Time. William Anthony, Ph.D., a Boston University professor, and his wife Camille, created this pseudo “napping holiday” in 1999 to emphasize the importance of adequate sleep.


Some cultures regularly take a restorative nap midday, for example, the Spanish and their siesta. Long ago, the ancient Greeks, Romans, and Arabia also partook in a napping habit.

How long is the optimal nap?


In our hectic modern lives, we rarely enjoy the luxury of a nap. Treat yourself today! Although I am giving advice not personally taken, as I spent the day tidying the gardens for spring planting. 

PS. I must have been napping last Monday because I didn’t realize until Tuesday AM that I neglected to write my weekly blog. But here I am again, back in the writing saddle. LOL.


You can follow the Author at her Website or on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Earth Rotation Day

The Grandest Fir

National Puzzle Day